SYNOPSIS OF THE PROGRAM
The requirement under the Fire Services Act, incorporating all amendments and the Uniform Building By-Laws was designed to ensure a high standard of fire safety in buildings. The Act covers the requirements for Fire Certification. Fires can cause major disasters and loss of lives. Such disasters can be avoided if proper fire safety is practiced. The purpose of a Fire Safety Audit is to ensure compliance by the building owners of the requirement under this Fire Services Act and at the same time identify the fire hazards and remove them. The tasks of Fire Safety Auditor can be taken up by the members of the Fire Safety Players or any other person qualified to conduct such audits.
On completion of this training, the participant will have the necessary knowledge and application skills to establish, conduct and achieve the objectives of the Fire Safety Audit in his / her workplace. The 3-day intensive fire audit course intends to impart the necessary skills for participants to pick up the knowledge of performing a detailed audit of premises so as to help identify gaps in fire safety.
MODULES OF THE PROGRAM
- Global Trends of Fire Safety and the Impact to Businesses and the Property Owner
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Fire Services Act
- Fire Safety Committee (FSC)
- Emergency Evacuation Strategy
- Fire Prevention Systems & Measures
- Storage and Transportation of HazMat
- Building Inspections Checklists
- Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
- Organizational Responsibilities and Duties for a Fire Safety Auditor
- Case Study